Monday, September 3, 2007

Another Double Slog

This one gets the award for succincness. Suscincness. Succinctness. There we go! Red line went away. I can see a very direct link between computers coming into my life and my spelling going down the tubes.

Anyway, I went sailing again. Saturday Ana brought a friend, Shining (that's a short-vowel first syllable, emphasis on second syllable) who has been taking lessons at the sailing center and looking for extra stick-time that doesn't involve going swimming. So that was fun... but I realized I need to come up with a more structured "curriculum".

Sunday I took Lisa, Christine, and Becky. It started out not so good... we paddled away from the docks. It felt like we were trying to paddle through some kind of viscous goo... that was flowing slowly toward shore. The wind was very light, but it seemed like we should have been able to sail a little, if slowly. I theorized that underwater plants were clinging to the centerboard (more than a theory really, they were clinging to the rudder too, and I pulled them off with considerable effort). But before too long the wind picked up and we had quite a blast.

There is still time to request Labor Day sailing. So far there will be Belinda and Xiudan, and whoever else they bring along. This is likely to be my most multicultural sail to date.

Ok, less succinct than I thought. It was originally going to be more like: "Saturday Ana and Shining came sailing and Sunday Lisa, Christine, and Becky came sailing... and now back to my homework for my classes that just started up."

And now, back to my homework for my fall classes that just started up. Will be all done by spring, woohoo!

Laters :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home